Most Christ followers will tell you that after they had become saved and started doing things for the kingdom of GOD, spiritual attacks started against them and their family members. Strange illnesses, emotional issues, financial problems, outbursts from unsaved family members, and so on. The enemy (satan) sees us as a threat and begins the assault. The next step for the believer is putting on the full armor of GOD. Eph 6:11 “Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.” Each of the pieces of this armor are extremely important to not allow the enemy to have any accusation against us to weaken our spirit and make us ineffective in the kingdom of GOD. To paraphrase the scripture below, the armor includes faith in GOD, living righteously and trusting that Jesus paid for our sins, knowing the Word of GOD and His promises to expose any deceptions, being truthful in every way, being ready to share the gospel of peace (Jesus and reconciliation with GOD), and knowing and trusting that no matter what happens to this temporary body of ours, GOD has promised us salvation (eternal life).
Eph 6:13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.
Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
Eph 6:15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace.
Eph 6:16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;
Eph 6:17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,
It’s extremely important that we all know the Word of GOD as His Word is living and is truth. So what are some important truths about the spiritual realm that we should understand?
1. The war is won. Jesus defeated satan on the cross and paid the ransom to save all of us from satan for those who accept His free offer and ask Jesus to be their Lord and Savior.
2. Satan currently has limited authority over the kingdoms of the earth and the people who are his (not saved) to accomplish GOD’s end time purpose. Satan will have full authority on the earth during the great tribulation period (the last 3 ½ years).
3. In Genesis 6, the book of Enoch (and others), 200 angels called “Watchers “ were assigned by GOD to watch over man. They rebelled and took human wives whose offspring were the giants of the Bible (Nephilim). The Nephilim souls were not redeemable and became what we call demons. The demons are actually the disembodied spirits of the Nephilim. The Watchers not only attempted to corrupt all human DNA, they also did so with animals which today are taught to us as mythological creatures of the past. The 200 angels are not part of the 1/3rd of angels that fell with satan and are currently being held for final judgment.
4. Human souls/spirits of those whose physical bodies have died, are in one of two places. Heaven or Hades (hell). Hauntings, spirit guides, etc., are manifestations of fallen angels and demons. Those who claim to be mediums, channelers, etc. are either fakes, or they allow themselves to be demon possessed;
Act 16:16 As we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her owners much gain by fortune-telling.
Act 16:17 She followed Paul and us, crying out, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation.”
Act 16:18 And this she kept doing for many days. Paul, having become greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And it came out that very hour.
5. There is no such thing as good magic or good witches. GOD is very specific on occult practices;
Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer
Deu 18:11 or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead,
Deu 18:12 for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD. And because of these abominations the LORD your God is driving them out before you.
I just saw a disturbing article the other day about one of the most popular gifts this season, the Ouija board. Under no circumstances should anyone entertain getting or having one of these. If you have one, throw it away immediately. These, along with other occult items like Tarot cards, are not only forbidden by GOD, but are extremely dangerous by giving satan and demons authority into your life.
Once we begin to realize that our ultimate fight is not against people and that all people fall into two camps, saved or unsaved, our attitude and response to those who attack us begins to change. The knowledge of what the eternal future holds for an unsaved person gives us a spirit of compassion toward that person and our desire to share the good news with them.
Jesus referred to us as sheep and Him as our shepherd. He did this on purpose and not by accident. Sheep are some of the dumbest animals on the face of the earth and are very vulnerable to predator attacks without a shepherd. Understand that this is not a slam on us but a reality when it comes to the spiritual realm. We cannot perceive what our greatest enemy is doing with our 5 senses so we are completely reliant on GOD’s Word and the Holy Spirit as our guide with Jesus as our protector.
We can do nothing apart from Jesus and can do everything through Him!
Luk 10:17 The seventy-two returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!”
Luk 10:18 And he said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.
Luk 10:19 Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.
Luk 10:20 Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”
Luk 10:21 In that same hour he rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will.
Luk 10:22 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, or who the Father is except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.”
Luk 10:23 Then turning to the disciples he said privately, “Blessed are the eyes that see what you see!