Everything is going to plan! GOD’s plan that is. It’s a multi-dimensional plan that has it’s roots all the way back to the beginning of creation being discovered not only through HIS Word, but also unveiling itself as time goes on.
At the heart of the plan is GOD’s desire to purify for himself a people that will love Him and worship Him. His desire is to love us, take care of us, and live with us for eternity in a newly created heaven and earth. (Rev 21, Tit 2)
A new heaven and a new earth you ask? Absolutely. Part of the plan is to destroy by fire the current earth and universe (2 Pe 3) after the final Great White Throne judgment in Revelation chapter 20.
To get to the last chapter of the plan, a fast forward through the “Cliff Notes” version of the plan is needed;
- Adam and Eve are created in a perfect environment (with GOD) and choose to disobey GOD learning knowledge of good and evil
- Sin infects the human race with no cure other than death for eternity
- GOD’s Spirit can no longer indwell humans leaving man’s sinful nature unchecked
- Before GOD can save mankind he must teach them who He is, what it means to be holy and good by example through a chosen people (the Jewish nation), and by the giving of His Word.
- The Jewish nation then goes through many cycles of turning away from GOD in good times and then back to GOD after GOD passes judgment on them for their sinfulness.
- Knowing it is not possible for man to live a sinless life and save himself by following the law of GOD perfectly, GOD sends a part of Himself (His Son Jesus) to earth, taking human form, to live a sinless life and die as a sacrifice in our place as payment for the sins of everyone, past and present, that accept His free offer to be saved and live with Him in eternity.
- The Holy Spirit is now able to come and indwell all those that give their life to Christ enabling them to spiritually discern good and evil, become more and more like Christ (sanctification), and spread the good news to everyone who will listen choosing to be saved.
- Jesus promises to return at the end of the age to judge those who have rejected His offer, resurrect those who have been saved, and transform those who are saved and still alive at that time.
That brings us to today and an important question. How will I know when we are in the season of Christ’s return, what I am to be doing, who are the false teachers and prophets, and what events to watch for?
The answers are given in GOD’s Word, the Bible. However, I must come to the point where I believe GOD’s Word is truth, that the Bible (scripture) was inspired/given by GOD, and that it is without error (inerrant).
*** If you are not sure that you believe that statement, then for the sake of your eternal future and the future of those that depend on you to lead them, please ask yourself what it will take to convince you of that belief. There is tremendous prophetic evidence, archeological evidence, and eyewitness testimony that prove what was written in the Bible to be true however, each individual must dig deep enough through Biblical and historical research to prove to him or herself of this truth. Historical research is a veritable minefield of false teachings, false religions, and deceptions where in the end, the Bible and Jesus Christ come out as the obvious absolute truth proving all others to be glaring deceptions by the enemy (satan). ***
For the Christian, you must agree that at some point in time this passage will be true regarding people denying the soon return of our Lord;
2Pe 3:3 knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires.
2Pe 3:4 They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.”
But you may say, “doesn’t the Bible say no man knows the day or the hour of His return? ”. Absolutely however, Jesus tells us to watch, recognize the season of His return , and be ready;
Mar 13:28 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts out its leaves, you know that summer is near.
Mar 13:29 So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that he is near, at the very gates.
Mar 13:30 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.
Mar 13:34 It is like a man going on a journey, when he leaves home and puts his servants in charge, each with his work, and commands the doorkeeper to stay awake.
Mar 13:35 Therefore stay awake—for you do not know when the master of the house will come, in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or in the morning—
Mar 13:36 lest he come suddenly and find you asleep.
Mar 13:37 And what I say to you I say to all: Stay awake.”
Jesus tells us in Matthew 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13 what the sequence and type of end time events look like in the last days. The apostle Paul tells us in 2 Timothy 3 what people will be like during this time as well;
2Ti 3:1 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty.
2Ti 3:2 For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good,
2Ti 3:4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
2Ti 3:5 having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.
We are currently being bombarded with a host of false preachers, prophets, deception, corruption, and evil in general. At every turn evil is being called good and good evil. Common sense is becoming almost non-existent and logic has been given over to emotion.
So what are some of the common false doctrines and deceptions being taught today?
- There are many paths to heaven and/or all religions worship the same god
- You are your own god and have power inside you
- There is no GOD and evolution explains creation
- There is no hell and we are all one
- Some of us will evolve to a higher state of consciousness and into the next level/dimension
- Aliens are our progenitors and will be returning for us
- GOD just wants to bless us and make us happy in this life (Sin doesn’t matter)
- A loving GOD wouldn’t send anyone to hell
- GOD is ok with us staying in our sinful lifestyle or continuing in our willful perpetual sin
- All sexuality is normal and not a sin
- If our good deeds outweigh our bad deeds, we’re going to heaven
- It’s ok to dabble in astrology, horoscopes, go to mediums, and pray to other saints, people, gods, etc.
Based on the Word of GOD, all of these lies are clearly refuted in scripture and are meant to destroy us by rejecting our only means of salvation through Jesus Christ (Joh 14:6, Joh 3:18). There are many more than those and the apostle Paul told us why people would turn from the truth and believe those lies;
2Ti 4:3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,
2Ti 4:4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.
As a result of the fall of Adam and Eve, all of us have a sinful nature and we are naturally bent toward doing what is evil or wrong. This evidence of this can be seen in children where children do not have to be taught how to be selfish or greedy but quite the opposite. What seems “natural” to us much of the time is sinful and we are all sinners in need of a savior. GOD in His love for us provided the way out! His Word is truth, but we cannot fool ourselves in thinking that we can pick and choose what we like from the Bible and reject the things that we don’t like. We have all been fed cultural garbage mixed with some form of religion that in many cases have nothing to do with the absolute truth which is in the Word of GOD.
There is plenty of sin to go around, so not one of us should think we are better than another in GOD’s eyes however, the only thing that washes away our sin and makes us right before GOD is the blood of Jesus (His sacrifice of His own life for us). Without accepting that offer, Him as our Lord, turning (repenting) from our sins, we stand condemned and will go to hell (Hades) first, followed by the lake of fire after the Great White Throne judgment.
Joh 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Joh 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Joh 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
Joh 3:19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
Joh 3:20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.
Joh 3:21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”
Unfortunately, our human nature likes comfort as well. If we feel comfortable with our lives, we like to stay the way we are and not change anything that may affect that comfort. Jesus also warned us of this;
Mat 19:23 And Jesus said unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, It is hard for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through a needle’s eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Mat 19:25 And when the disciples heard it, they were astonished exceedingly, saying, Who then can be saved?
Mat 19:26 And Jesus looking upon them said to them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
Whether it is our comfort or just not wanting to be accountable to anyone for anything that is preventing us from seeking Him, GOD will do everything to get our attention in an attempt to wake us up, realize he is real, and understand we need Him (not the other way around). Some of us need to be broken through all types of different trials in our lives and if that doesn’t work, if we haven’t been so stubborn as to harden our heart completely yet, we may seek Him as Lord on our death bed if we are lucky enough to get that chance. Remember, if you haven’t been saved yet, satan has authority over you and will do everything in His limited power to keep you from seeking GOD. This can include a number of things from trials to prosperity.
So, thinking about the last days, what about those who haven’t accepted Jesus as their Lord and savior yet when He comes back for His followers (Rapture) and to setup His kingdom after a period of time?
There is a time period called the Great Tribulation which will start around the time Jesus returns to remove His followers from the earth (Rapture) and is more than likely right after the time of the opening of the 6th seal found in Rev 6:12-17;
Rev 6:12 And I saw when he opened the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the whole moon became as blood;
Rev 6:13 and the stars of the heaven fell unto the earth, as a fig tree casteth her unripe figs when she is shaken of a great wind.
Rev 6:14 And the heaven was removed as a scroll when it is rolled up; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the princes, and the chief captains, and the rich, and the strong, and every bondman and freeman, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains;
Rev 6:16 and they say to the mountains and to the rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Rev 6:17 for the great day of their wrath is come; and who is able to stand?
The Great Tribulation is a time period of 42 months (3 ½ years) where satan, the anti-christ, and the false prophet all have full authority over the kingdoms of the earth being controlled by a one-world government and a one-world false religion. This is a time period of hell on earth and will start by deceiving many with false promises as the only means to survive during a period of disasters and chaos on the earth. The false prophet will perform many false signs and miracles to deceive many and will eventually force everyone to worship the anti-christ after the anti-christ declares himself to be god in the temple of god. Everyone will be forced to take the mark of the beast on/in their right hand or forehead to be able to buy or sell.
If you are not raptured and go into the Great Tribulation, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE TAKE THE MARK! You cannot be saved if you take the mark and will suffer the same eternal fate as satan, the anti-christ, and the false prophet if you do.
So where are we today in the prophetic timeline?
The book of Revelation does not stand on it’s own and the key to it’s understanding is found in other books of the Bible such as Daniel, Joel, Ezekiel, 2Thessalonians, etc.
When first looking at this book, the symbolism, mix of information, and seemingly repetitive nature make it very confusing to say the least. Putting everything together, these end time events begin occurring in succession and with increased frequency like labor pains of a pregnant woman. The first 5 seals of GOD’s final judgment end time scroll appear to have been opened and are all increasing in intensity;
- False preachers, prophets, and saviors (1st Seal – White horse/rider, anti-christ working behind the scenes and not yet revealed)
- Wars / rumors of wars (2nd Seal – Red horse/rider – power to take peace from the earth)
- Famines, disease, earthquakes (3rd Seal – Black horse – famine, 4th Seal – Pale horse/rider – power over 1/4th of the earth to kill by sword, famine, & plague)
- Christians hated world-wide and persecuted / killed (5th Seal – Christians being martyred)
- Israel is isolated and hated by all nations
- Many will fall away from true Christianity
- The love of most people grows cold. Family /friends betray each other and have each other put to death.
- Signs in the sun, moon, and stars and nations distressed about the roaring and tossing of the seas (6th Seal to come)
- Men fainting for fear of the things happening in the world and space (6th Seal to come)
So what other evidence do we have that we are in the last days in addition to the events and signs discussed?
- In Mark 13:28 above, the fig tree is commonly a reference to the nation of Israel throughout the Bible. The rebirth of the nation of Israel was foretold in Isa 66:8 among other old testament prophecies, and occurred in one day on May 14th, 1948. Jesus said that that generation would not pass until all was fulfilled. A generation is defined as 70 years (if by strength 80 years) in Psa 90:10. This means that all events would be fulfilled by 2018 or 2028 at the latest.
- Jewish Rabbi Judah Ben-Samuel prophesied in 1217 that the Ottoman Turks would gain control of Jerusalem and hold it for 8 Jubilees (400 years). The Ottoman Turks did gain control of Jerusalem in 1517 and were later conquered by the British in 1917 exactly 400 years later. He also prophesied that Jerusalem would then be a no-man’s land for 1 Jubilee (50 years). Jerusalem was under international control until fifty years later, in 1967, Israel once again gained control of Jerusalem in the 6 day war. He prophesied that the 10th Jubilee (1967 – 2017) would be the era of the messianic return (return of the Messiah)!
- Four Blood Moons – This cycle of four blood red moons occurring on Passover and the Jewish Feast of Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles) in two successive years, has only occurred 3 other times in the last 2 millennia. Each time it has occurred, major events have happened to the Jewish nation. In 1492, the Jews were expelled from Spain. In 1948, Israel was reborn, and in 1967, Israel regained control of Jerusalem in the 6 day war. We are now in the middle of this 2014/2015 cycle with the prospect of another major event as the world is becoming more and more hostile toward the nation of Israel. This cycle is different however. In March of next year, a full solar eclipse is coming right in the middle of the 4 blood moons. While blood red moons typically herald judgments related to Israel, solar eclipses typically herald judgments for the other nations of the world.
- Prophecy of the Popes – St Malachy, a twelfth century archbishop in Ireland, wrote a controversial prophesy regarding 112 popes left until the tribulation, the end of the Roman Catholic church and the destruction of Rome. The current pope, Francis, is the 112th pope. Interestingly enough, the Harlot that rides the end times beast in Rev 17 is hated by the beast and burned with fire;
Rev 17:9 Here is the mind that hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth: (Rome is known as the city on 7 hills)
Rev 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest, and the beast, these shall hate the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and shall burn her utterly with fire.
- Modern Day Prophets – Over the last 4 or so years, many people have emerged claiming they are receiving messages from GOD and Jesus. Some can be identified as obvious false prophets when comparing them to scripture however, there are others that are 100% consistent with the Word of GOD, declaring GOD’s soon return for His bride and the events to come. Since GOD declared he would pour out His Spirit in the last days, I believe these people should be taken seriously;
Act 2:16 but this is that which hath been spoken through the prophet Joel:
Act 2:17 And it shall be in the last days, saith God, I will pour forth of My Spirit upon all flesh: And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, And your young men shall see visions, And your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 Yea and on My servants and on My handmaidens in those days Will I pour forth of My Spirit; and they shall prophesy.
Act 2:19 And I will show wonders in the heaven above, And signs on the earth beneath; Blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke:
Act 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the day of the Lord come, That great and notable day.
Act 2:21 And it shall be, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Finally, please not only consider all of the things currently happening in the world, also please look at what we are being conditioned for by our news and entertainment industry. Many of the movies released have themes of future world ending events, trans humanism, and an elite class ruling the world. Much of what is going on in the world now makes no logical sense.
The only savior and hope for us is Jesus Christ. The U.S. government, any world government, aliens, or anyone else will not save or take care of us.
Seek GOD now before things get much worse! Don’t be left behind!